In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Haselbech like this:
HASELBEECH, or Hazlebeech, a village and a parish in Brixworth district, Northampton. The village stands 3¼ miles SW of Kelmarsh r. station, and 8 S of Market Harborough; and has a post office under Northampton. The parish comprises 1,648 acres. Real property, £3,413. Pop., 180. Houses, 36. The chief proprietors are Viscountess Milton and Sir Charles E. Isham, Bart.; and the former's seat is Haselbeech Hall. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £296. * Patron, Lady Milton. The church was mainly rebnilt in 1859; is in the later English style; and consists of nave, chancel, and S aisles, with W embattled tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Haselbech has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Daventry. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Haselbech and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Haselbech, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th November 2014
You have reached this page because, for example, "Hazelbeech" was one of the names of this administrative unit which we associate with Haselbech.
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "hazelbeech".