In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Worlingham like this:
WORLINGHAM, a parish in Wangford district, Suffolk; 1½ mile ESE of Beccles r. station. Post town, Beccles. Acres, 1,631. Real property, £2,228. Pop., 192. Houses, 40. W. Hall belongs to the Rev. SirClarke, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £260.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. Charities, £30.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Worlingham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Waveney. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Worlingham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Worlingham, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Worlingham".