In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Haddon like this:
HADDON (WEST), a village and a parish in Daventry district, Northampton. The village stands 3¾ miles NE of Crick r. station, and 8 NE of Daventry; and has a post office‡ under Rugby, and a fair on 2 May. The parish comprises 2, 900 acres. Real property, £6, 435. Pop., 963. Houses, 232. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to H. Atterbury, Esq. Oster Hill, where P. Ostorius was buried, is here. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £240.* Patron, the Rev. G. L. W. Fauquier. The church consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with porch and square embattled tower; and is very good. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans, an endowed national school, and charities £82.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing West Haddon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Daventry. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering West Haddon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Haddon, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "West Haddon".