In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Greatworth like this:
GREATWORTH, a parish in Brackley district, Northampton; 2½ miles NNE of Farthinghoe r. station, and 4½ NW by N of Brackley. Post town, Farthinghoe, under Brackley. Acres, 863. Real property, £2, 243. Pop., 157. Houses, 39. The manor beloggs to William Pulsford, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £291. * Patron, Mr. Beechey. The church consists of gave and chancel, with an embattled tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, with £22 from endowment, and charities £24.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Greatworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Greatworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Greatworth in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Greatworth".