In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Flore like this:
FLOORE, or Flower, a village and a parish in Daventry district, Northampton. The village stands on the river Nen, 1 mile NE of Weedon r. station, and 5½ ESE of Daventry; was known at Domesday as Flora; and has a post office under Weedon. The parish comprises 3, 390 acres. Real property, £6, 889. Pop., 1, 138. Houses, 255. The property is much subdivided. Floore House is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £467. Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church belonged to Merton abbey, and is good. There are an Independent chapel, an endowed school, and charities £37.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Flore has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Daventry. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Flore and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Flore, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Flore".