In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kings Bromley like this:
BROMLEY (King's), or Bromley-Regis, a parish in Lichfield district, Stafford; on the river Trent, 2¾ miles E of Armitage r. station, and 5 N of Lichfield. It has a post office, of the name of King's Bromley, under Lichfield. Acres, inclusive of King's Bromley Hays, sometimes deemed extra-parochial, 3,370. Real property, £7,381. Pop., 638. Houses, 148. The manor belonged, in the Saxon times, to Earl Leofric; after the Conquest, to the Crown; and passed to the Agards and the Newtons. Bromley Hall is the seat of the Lane family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £210. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is later English, and has monuments of the Agards and the Newtons. A school has £105 from endowment; and other charities, £74.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kings Bromley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Lichfield. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kings Bromley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kings Bromley, in Lichfield and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kings Bromley".