In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brocton like this:
BROCKTON, a township in Baswick parish, Staffordshire; adjacent to the Stafford and Worcester canal, 4 miles SE of Stafford. Acres, 1,990. Real property, £1,700. Pop., 278. Houses, 51. Brockton House and Brockton Lodge belonged to the Chetwynds.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Brocton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stafford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Brocton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brocton, in Stafford and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Brocton".