In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bramshall like this:
BRAMSHALL, a parish in Uttoxeter district, Stafford; on the North Stafford railway, 2 miles W of Uttoxeter. It has a station on the railway, and includes the hamlet of Dugdale; and its Post Town is Uttoxeter, under Derby. Acres, 1,276. Real property, £1,855. Pop., 199. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £200.* Patron, the Dowager Lady Willoughby de Broke. The church is good; and threw are church lands yielding £16 a year.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bramshall has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Staffordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bramshall and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bramshall in East Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bramshall".