In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blore like this:
BLORE, a township and a parish in the district of Ashborne and county of Stafford. The township bears the name of Blore-with-Swinscoe, and lies on the river Dove, 4 miles NW of Ashborne r. station. Acres, 1,250. Real property, £2,523. Pop., 248. Houses, 54. The parish includes also the township of Calton-in-Blore, and is sometimes called Blore-Ray. Post Town, Ashborne. Acres, 3,730. Real property, £3,443. Pop., 320. Houses, 71. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £130.* Patron, O. Shore, Esq. The church is old but good, and contains some curious monuments of the Bassets. Charities, £17.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Blore has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Staffordshire Moorlands. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Blore and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blore in Staffordshire Moorlands | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Blore".