In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Denford like this:
DENFORD, a parish in Thrapston district, Northampton; on the river Nen, adjacent to the Northampton and Peterborough railway, 1½ mile S of Thrapston. Post town, Thrapston. Acres, 1, 940. Real property, £2, 477. Pop., 429. Houses, 91. Denford Lodge is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Ringstead, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £230.* Patron, the Rev. A. J. Sandilands. The church is early English, and has a tower and spire.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Denford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Denford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Denford in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Denford".