In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Baswich like this:
BASWICK, or Berkswick, a township in Stafford district, and a parish in Stafford and Penkridge districts, Staffordshire. The township is united to two other tracts, under the name of Baswick, Milford, and Walton; it lies on the Worcester canal, near the Northwestern and the Trent Valley railways, 2 miles SE of Stafford; and it contains the post office of Walton under Stafford. Real property, £4,015. Pop., 660. Houses, 128. The parish contains also the township of Brockton and that of Acton-Trussel and Bednell. ...
Acres, 6,608. Real property, £10,497. Pop., 1,555. Houses, 302. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of St. Thomas, in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £238.* Patrons, J. N. Lane, Esq., and the Rev.Inge. The church is good; and the p. curacy of Acton-Trussel-with-Bednell is a separate benefice. Charities, £15.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Baswich has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stafford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Baswich and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Baswich, in Stafford and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Baswich".