In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Westley like this:
WESTLEY, a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk; 2 miles W by S of Bury-St. Edmunds r. station. Post town, Bury-St. Edmunds. Acres 1,216. Real property, £1,553. Pop., 140. Houses, 29. The manor belongs to the executors of J. Lee, Esq. The living is a rectory, annexed to Fornham. The church was built in 1836.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Westley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of St Edmundsbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Westley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Westley, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Westley".