In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Anslow like this:
ANSLOW, or Annesley, a township-chapelry in Rolleston parish, Stafford; near the Grand Trunk canal, 3½ miles NW of Burton-on-Trent. Post Town, Burton on Trent. Real property, £2,929. Pop., 348. Houses, 74. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, not reported. Patron, Sir O. Mosley, Bart. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Anslow has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Staffordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Anslow and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Anslow in East Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Anslow".