In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Washbrook like this:
WASHBROOK, a parish, with a village, in Samford district, Suffolk; 2½ miles N of Capel r. station, and 3½ SSW of Ipswich. Post town, Ipswich. Acres, 1,443. Real property, £2,787. Pop., 451. Houses, 96. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Copdock. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Washbrook has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Babergh. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Washbrook and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Washbrook, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Washbrook".