In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wangford like this:
WANGFORD, a parish in Mildenhall district, Suffolk; 3¼ miles SW of Brandon r. station. Post town, Brandon. Acres, 3,252. Real property, £834. Pop., 50. Houses, 10. Most of the property belongs to G. H. Wilson, Esq. W. Hall was the residence of Lord Chief Justice Wright, of the time of James II.; and is now a farmhouse. Extensive rabbit warrens are here; and sometimes furnish so many as 10,000 rabbits weekly to the London market. The living is a rectory, annexed to Brandon. The church is ancient.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wangford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Forest Heath. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wangford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wangford, in Forest Heath and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wangford".