In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston like this:
WESTON, a parish, with a village, in Southwell district, Notts; on the Great Northern railway, 3 miles NNW of Carlton-on-Trent. Post town, Newark. Acres, 1,690. Real property, £2,745. Pop., 380. Houses, 85. The manor belongs to Earl Manvers. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £500. Patron, Earl Manvers. The church was recently repaired, and has a tower and spire. There are a Wesleyan chapeland an endowed school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Weston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Newark and Sherwood. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Weston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Weston".