In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Monk Soham like this:
SOHAM-MONK, a parish, with a village, in Hoxne district, Suffolk; 4¼ miles WNW of Framlingham r. station. Post town, Wickham-Market. Acres, 1,569. Real property, £3,153. Pop., 442. Houses, 86. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £530.* Patron, the Rev. R. H. Groome. There are a parochial school, and charities £80.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Monk Soham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mid Suffolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Monk Soham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Monk Soham in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Monk Soham".