In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cogenhoe like this:
COGENHOE, or Cooknoe, a parish in Hardingstone district, Northamptonshire; on the river Nen, and on the Northampton and Peterborough railway, 1¼ mile E of Billing Road r. station, and 5½ E of Northampton. Post town, Great Billing, under Northampton, Acres, 960. Real property, £2, 175. Pop., 360. Houses, 69. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £400.* Patron, G. Burnham, Esq. The church is good; and there are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cogenhoe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cogenhoe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cogenhoe in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cogenhoe".