In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wistow like this:
WISTOW, a parish, with a village, in St. Ives district, Hunts; 3 miles S by W of Ramsey r. station. It has a post-office under Huntingdon. Acres, 2,070. Real property, £3,922. Pop., 532. Houses, 108. The manor belongs to Capt. H. Foley. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £354.* Patron, the Rev. T. Woodruff. The church is later English. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £6.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wistow has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Huntingdonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wistow and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wistow in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wistow".