Place:


Rushmere  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rushmere like this:

RUSHMERE, a parish in Mutford district, Suffolk; 2½ miles S S W of Carlton-Colville r. station, and 5 S W of Lowestoft. Post-town, Wangford. Acres, 759. Real property, £1, 602. Pop., 121. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. There are sand pits. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £212.* Patrons, Lord Boston and F. W. Irby, Esq. The church is old but good. There is a parochial school.

Rushmere through time

Rushmere is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rushmere itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rushmere, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7648

Date accessed: 21st February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rushmere ".