In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Redisham like this:
REDISHAM (Great), a parish in Wangford district, Suffolk; on the East Suffolk railway, 1 mile N of Brampton r. station, and 4 S by W of Beccles. It has a post-office under Halesworth. Acres, 733. Real property, £986. Pop., 182. Houses, 38. The property is sub-divided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £100. Patron, not reported. The churchhas a Norman door and a wooden belfry. There is an endowed school with £9 a year.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Redisham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Waveney. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Redisham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Redisham, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Redisham".