In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Boughton like this:
BOUGHTON, a parish in Brixworth district, Northamptonshire; on an affluent of the river Nen, and on the Northampton and Market-Harborough railway, 3 miles N of Northampton. It contains Boughton Green, where a large fair is held on 24,25, and 26 June; and has a post office under Northampton. Acres, 1,850. Real property, £3,207. Pop., 372. Houses, 91. The property is divided among a few. Boughton House is the seat of Col. R. H. H. Vyse. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £296. Patron, Col. R. H. H. Vyse. The church is modern; and there are a Wesleyan chapel and a charity of 48 acres.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Boughton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Daventry. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Boughton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Boughton, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Boughton".