In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Onehouse like this:
ONEHOUSE, a parish, with a village, in Stow district, Suffolk; 2 miles W by N of Stowmarket r. station. Post-town, Stowmarket. Acres, 898. Real property, £2,084. Pop. in 1851, 432; in 1861, 336. Houses, 42. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to R. J. Pettiward, Esq. One house Lodge is the seat of W. Matthew, Esq. A moated seat of the Burghershes was on a spot now occupied by a farm-house. The Stow workhouse stands on an elevated site in the E, between the village and Stowmarket; and, at the census of 1861, had 121 inmates. ...
There is a mineral spring. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £246.* Patron, R. J. Pettiward, Esq. The church is aplain good building of flint and brick; was originally Norman; consists of nave and chancel, with a curiousround tower; and contains an ancient unhewn stonefont. Davy, the author of " Letters on Literature, " wasburied here.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Onehouse has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mid Suffolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Onehouse and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Onehouse in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Onehouse".