In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barnack like this:
BARNACK, a village, a parish, and a subdistrict in the district of Stamford; the village and the parish in Northampton, the subdistrict variously in Northampton, Lincoln, Huntingdon, and Rutland. The village stands 1½ mile SSE of Uffington r. station, and 3½ ESE of Stamford; and has a post office under Stamford. Pop., 569. Houses, 137. The parish includes also the hamlets of Pilsgate and Southorpe. Acres, 4,440. Real property, £8,699. Pop., 947. Houses, 202. The property is divided among a few. ...
Building-stone is extensively quarried; and was furnished hence for Peterborough and Ely cathedrals, and for several other churches. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £1,025.* Patron, the Bishop of Peterborough. The church is partly early Norman, and in very good condition. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and a poors' estate yielding annually £73.-The subdistrict contains sixteen parishes-Acres, 28,722. Pop., 5,692. Houses, 1,148.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Barnack has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Peterborough. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Barnack and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barnack, in Peterborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Barnack".