Place:


Milden  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Milden like this:

MILDEN, a parish in Cosford district, Suffolk: on the river Brett, 4 miles SE of Lavenham r. station, and 5½ NW of Hadleigh. Post town, Monks-Eleigh, under Ipswich. Acres, 1,339. Real property, £1,985. Pop., 159. Houses, 36. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £340.* Patron, J. Gurdon, Esq. The church is Norman; was recently restored; has a new bell-turret; and contains an ancient monument to J. Allington. Charities, £10.

Milden through time

Milden is now part of Babergh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Babergh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Milden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milden, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7502

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Milden ".