In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kirklington like this:
KIRKLINGTON, a village and a parish in Southwell.district, Notts. The village stands on the river Greet, 3 miles NW of Southwell r. station; and has a post office under Southwell. The parish comprises 1, 976 acres. Real property, £2, 231. Pop., 241. Houses, 46. The property is divided between two. The manor, with K.Hall, belongs to Mrs. Whetham. The Hall is an elegant mansion, partly castellated; and stands in a large park, with a fine lake and plantations. An ancient camp is in the W. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £50. Patron, the Chaper of Southwell. The church is a neat structure, with a pinnacled tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kirklington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Newark and Sherwood. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kirklington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kirklington, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kirklington".