In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Addington like this:
ADDINGTON (Great), a parish in Thrapston district, Northampton; on the river Nen, near Ringstead r. station, 4½ miles SW of Thrapston. Post Town, Ring stead under Thrapston. Acres, 1,230. Real property, £1,919. Pop., 307. Houses, 67. The property is somewhat divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £420.* Patron, Mrs. Clay. The church is ancient.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Great Addington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Northamptonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Great Addington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Addington in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Great Addington".