In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woolley like this:
WOOLLEY, a parish in the district and county of Huntingdon; 6 miles WNW of Huntingdon r. station. Post town, Kimbolton. Acres, 1,420. Real property, £983. Pop., 114. Houses, 20. The manor belongs to J. Cockerell, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. . Value, £130. Patron, J. Cockerell, Esq. The church was recently in bad condition.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Woolley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Huntingdonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Woolley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woolley in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Woolley".