In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hail Weston like this:
HAIL-WESTON, a village and a parish in St. Neots district, Huntingdon. The village stands near the river Kym, and near the boundary with Beds, 2½ miles NW of St. Neots r. station; and has a post office under St. Neots. The parish comprises 1, 553 acres. Real property, £3, 154. Pop., 440. Houses, 94. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to R. A. Reynolds, Esq. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Southoe, in the diocese of Ely. The church was reported in 1859 as very bad. There are a Baptist chapel and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hail Weston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Huntingdonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hail Weston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hail Weston in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hail Weston".