Place:


Langham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langham like this:

LANGHAM, a parish, with a village, in Stow district, Suffolk; 3½ miles ESE of Ixworth, and 4 NNW of Elmswell r. station. Post-town, Ixworth, under Bury-St. Edmunds. Acres, 951. Real property, £1,600. Pop., 242. Houses, 49. The property belongs to Henry Wilson, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £293.* Patron, H. Wilson, Esq. The church is good. Charities, £27.

Langham through time

Langham is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Langham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langham in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7443

Date accessed: 22nd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Langham ".