In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warboys like this:
WARBOYS, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in St. Ives district, Hunts. The village stands 3½ miles S by E of Ramsey r. station, and has a post-office‡ under Huntingdon. The parish comprises 8,100 acres. Real property, £12,270. Pop., 1.911. Houses, 411. The property is much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £1,000.* Patron, T. Daniel,. Esq. The church is early English, and has a tower and spire. There are a dissenting chapel, a national school, and charities £36.The sub-district contains 5 parishes. Acres, 16,115. Pop., 3,355. Houses, 722.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Warboys has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Huntingdonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Warboys and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warboys in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Warboys".