In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Flintham like this:
FLINTHAM, a parish in Bingham district, Notts; on the Fosse way and the river Trent, at Hazleford ferry, 3½ miles ESE of Thurgarton r. station, and 6½ SW of Newark. It has a post office under Newark. Acres, 2, 450. Real property, £4, 927. Pop., 524. Houses, 119. The manor belongs to T. B. Thoroton Hildyard, Esq. Flintham Hall succeeded an ancient mansion of the Hoses, and was the seat of the Hackers, the Disneys, and the Thorotons. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £364.* Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church was mainly rebuilt in 1828, but retains the chancel and the tower of a previous church, which was cruciform. There is a Wesleyan chapel. An endowed school has £24; and other charities have £46.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Flintham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Rushcliffe. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Flintham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Flintham, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Flintham".