In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Raveley like this:
RAVELEY (Great), a parish in the district and county of Huntingdon; 3½ miles S W of Ramsey r. station, and 6½ N N E of Huntingdon. Post-town, Old Hurst, under Huntingdon. Acres, 2,040. Real property, £2, 436. Pop., 318. Houses, 64. The property is divided chiefly among four. The manor belongs to Sir H. Peyton, Bart. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Upwood, in the diocese of Ely. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Great Raveley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Huntingdonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Great Raveley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Raveley in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Great Raveley".