In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Keyston like this:
KEYSTON, a parish, with a village, in the district of Thrapston and county of Huntingdon; adjacent to Northamptonshire, 4 miles ESE of Thrapston r. station. Posttown, Thrapston. Acres, 2, 535. Real property, £2, 826. Pop., 223. Houses, 50. The property is divided chiefly among five. The manor belongs to John Pashler, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £385.* Patron, the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The church is a fine cruciform structure of the 14th century; has a W tower, with lofty spire; and contains some monumental slabs. The N transept was once a private chapel, and perhaps the burial-place of Lord Ferrers, who was interred in the church.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Keyston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Huntingdonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Keyston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Keyston in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Keyston".