Place:


Henham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Henham like this:

HENHAM, a hamlet in Wangford parish, Suffolk; 4 miles E of Halesworth. Acres, 1, 752. Real property, £1, 995. Pop., 161. Houses, 26. The manor belonged formerly to the Hoptons, and belongs now to the Earl of Stradbroke. Henham Hall, the Earl's seat, was built, in 1797, by James Wyatt; occupies the site of a previous mansion, burnt in 1773; and stands in an extensive wellwooded park. The hamlet forms a curacy with Wangford.

Henham through time

Henham is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Henham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Henham, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7275

Date accessed: 23rd July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Henham ".