In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hemingstone like this:
HEMINGSTONE, a parish in Bosmere district, Suffolk; 3 miles NE of Claydon r. station, and 6½ N by W of Ipswich. Post town, Claydon, under Ipswich. Acres, 1, 444. Real property, £2, 842. Pop., 395. Houses, 80. The property is much subdivided. Hemingstone Hall is a brick Tudor edifice of 1558. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £381.* Patron, Sir W. F. Middleton, Bart. The church is ancient and tolerable.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hemingstone has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mid Suffolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hemingstone and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hemingstone in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hemingstone".