In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grundisburgh like this:
GRUNDISBURGH, a village and a parish in Woodbridge district, Suffolk. The village stands 3 miles NW by W of Woodbridge town and r. station; and has a postoffice under Woodbridge. The parish comprises 1,897 acres. Real property, £4, 605. Pop., 836. house, 201. The property is much subdivided. Grundisburgh Hall is a chief residence. There are extensive sand pIts. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £540. * Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church was built about the middle of the 13th century, and repaired in 1841; and has a fine steeple. A town estate yields £35; and other charities £16.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Grundisburgh has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Suffolk Coastal. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Grundisburgh and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grundisburgh in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Grundisburgh".