In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fornham St Martin like this:
FORNHAM-ST. MARTIN, a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk; on the river Lark, 1¾ mile N of Bury-St. Edmunds r. station. It has a post office under Bury-St. Edmunds. Acres, 1, 230. Real property, £2, 351. Pop., 350. Houses, 74. The property is divided among a few. There are some tumuli. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £305.* Patron, Lord J. Manners. The church is good; and there are a free school and charities £5.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Fornham St Martin has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of St Edmundsbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Fornham St Martin and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fornham St Martin, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Fornham St Martin".