In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ellington like this:
ELLINGTON, a parish in the district and county of Huntingdon; on an affluent of the river Ouse, 5 miles W of Huntingdon r. station. Post town, Brampton, under Huntingdon. Acres, 2, 910. Real property, £3, 956. Pop., 413. Houses, 95. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £168.* Patron, St. Peter's College, Cambridge. The church is good; and there are a Baptist chapel, and charities £56.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ellington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Huntingdonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ellington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ellington in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ellington".