In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coppingford like this:
COPPINGFORD, or Copmanford, a parish in the district and county of Huntingdon; on Alconbury brook, 6½ miles SW of Holme r. station, and 7½ NW of Huntingdon. Post town, Alconbury, under Huntingdon. Acres, 1, 030. Real property, £805. Pop., 62. Houses, 15. Coppingford Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Upton, in the diocese of Ely. The church is in ruins.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Coppingford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Huntingdonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Coppingford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coppingford in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Coppingford".