In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bythorn like this:
BYTHORN, a parish in the district of Thrapston and county of Huntingdon; on the verge of the county, 4 miles ESE of Thrapston r. station, and 6½ NW by N of Kimbolton. Post Town, Thrapston. Acres, 1,503. Real property, £2,140. Pop., 292. Houses, 59. The living s a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Brington, in the dio. of Ely. The church is early English. There are a Baptist chapel, and charities £16.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bythorn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Huntingdonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bythorn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bythorn in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bythorn".