In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broughton like this:
BROUGHTON, a parish in St. Ives district, Huntingdonshire; on an affluent of the river Nen, 4½ miles W of Somersham r. station, and 5 NE of Huntingdon. Post Town, Old Hurst, under Huntingdon. Acres, 2,950. Real property, £2,707. Pop., 376. Houses, 92. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £283.* Patron,-the Rev. G. Johnston. The church was recently restored.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Broughton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Huntingdonshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Broughton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broughton in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Broughton".