In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Easton Bavents like this:
EASTON-BAVENTS, a parish in Blything district, Suffolk; on the coast, 1½ mile NNE of Southwold, and 9 ½ E of Halesworth r. station. Post town, Southwold, under Wangford. Acres, 381. Pop., 7. House, 1. A market-town once stood here, but has been washed away By the sea. Easton Ness contests with the headland of Twestoft, being the Extensio Promontorium of the Romans. The living is a rectory annexed to Benacre.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Easton Bavents has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Waveney. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Easton Bavents and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Easton Bavents, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Easton Bavents".