In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Covehithe like this:
COVEHITHE, or North Hales, a parish in Blything district, Suffolk; on the coast, 4¾ miles N by E of Southwold, and 6¼ SSE of Carlton-Colville r. station. Post town, Wrentham, under Wangford. Acres, 1, 553. Real property, £973. Pop., 192. Houses, 40. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Benacre, in the diocese of Norwich. The ancient church was a fine structure, destroyed in the civil war; and the present one was erected in 1672, and has a handsome tower. Charities, £28. Bishop Bale was a native.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Covehithe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Waveney. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Covehithe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Covehithe, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Covehithe".