In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Corton like this:
CORTON, a parish in Mutford district, Suffolk; on the coast, near the East Suffolk railway, 3 miles N by W of Lowestoft. Post town, Lowestoft. Acres, 1, 495; of which 140 are water. Real property, £2, 614. Pop., 530. Houses, 126. The property is subdivided. The sea has made encroachments. Mammoth bones and other interesting fossils have been found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, 119. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church, excepting chancel and tower, was long dilapidated; but has been partially restored. Charities, £18.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Corton, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Corton ".