In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Cornard like this:
CORNARD (Little), a parish in Sudbury district, Suffolk; on the river Stour, adjacent to the Sudbury railway, 2¾ miles SE of Sudbury. Post town, Sudbury. Acres, 1, 657. Real property, £3, 124. Pop., 404. Houses, 92. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £509.* Patron, alternately the Bishop of Norwich and G. M. Hawkins, Esq. The church is tolerable.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Little Cornard has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Babergh. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Little Cornard and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Cornard, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Little Cornard".