Place:


Cookley  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cookley like this:

COOKLEY, a parish in Blything district, Suffolk; near the East Suffolk railway, 3 miles WSW of Halesworth. Post town, Halesworth. Acres, 1, 704. Real property, £2, 648. Pop., 252. Houses, 56. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Huntingfield, in the diocese of Norwich. The church consists of nave and chancel, with a tower; and has a Norman door, decorated English windows, an oaken roof, good carved benches, an octagonal font, and a brass of 1587.

Cookley through time

Cookley is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cookley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cookley in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7097

Date accessed: 14th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cookley ".