In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chillesford like this:
CHILLESFORD, a parish in Plomesgate district, Suffolk; on the river Butley, 3 miles NW of Orford, and 4¼ ESE of Wickham-Market Junction r. station. Post town, Orford, under Wickham-Market. Acres, 1,806. Real property, £1, 780. Pop., 214. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £355.* Patron, the Rev. W. E. Pooley. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Chillesford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Suffolk Coastal. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Chillesford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chillesford in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Chillesford".