In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cavenham like this:
CAVENHAM, a parish in Mildenhall district, Suffolk; on the river Lark, 2½ miles N of Higham r. station, and 4½ SE of Mildenhall. Post Town, Tuddenham, under Soham. Acres, 2,630. Real property, £1,270. Pop., 229. Houses, 48. The property is divided among a few. Cavenham Hall is the seat of the Waddingtons. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £113. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is a neat small edifice, with a tower. Charities, £43.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cavenham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Forest Heath. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cavenham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cavenham, in Forest Heath and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cavenham".