In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Bricett like this:
BRICETT (Great), a parish in Bosmere district, Suffolk; 2¾ miles E by N of-Bildeston, and 4½ SW of Needham r. station. Post Town, Bildeston, under Ipswich. Acres, 915. Real property, £1,436. Pop., 207. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few. An Augustinian priory was founded here, in 1110, by Ralph FitzBrian; annexed to the monastery of Nobiliac in France; and conveyed, in the time of Henry VI., to King's College, Cambridge. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £110. Patron, King's College, Cambridge. The church is very good. A fair is held on 5 July.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Great Bricett has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mid Suffolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Great Bricett and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Bricett in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Great Bricett".